Skip to main content

HOW TO EFFECTIVELY UTILIZE YOUR CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE- Juliet Ike



📌GET TO KNOW ME SERIES📌

(Episode 2)


(She peeps through the curtain to see if they were seated! She gazed their excitements on their faces and screamed)

What's up people!
Your Tea woman is back!!!
(Walks in straight to her tea table, makes some tea, served in cups and she whims; "I know you care to have some tea, come right here and grap yours for a sip. She head towatds the couch, sits and here she goes)

Feels like I left you guys for soo long. I'm sorry if I did kept you waiting!
But then, I came with plenty of hugs in case you've not had one in a long time🤗🤗🤗🤗

Hope you know I love you?
If you don't know or believed yet, please do know that I do, cause that's one of the reasons I'm up till 12:35am to ensure I serve you all this tea before going to bed. (Exclaims, anyway I do that each time I want to serve you tea😚😚❤).

Hmmm...I'm thinking of making my tea more frequent, probably making them within two days interval!

Every passing day leaves me with too many tea contents that I wish to share, and I don't want to starve you all because you're so special to me😍😍


Urrmmm...What do you think?

Well, if you're in support, kindly notify me in the comment!


The story continues........

Okay let's continue our gist...........urrm, where did I stop🤔🤔
(Sits properly on the couch, rests back for about 5 seconds, sits up and took a sip from her cup)

Well, I think I remember😁 (at least this sip of tea helped in keeping my brain on track😂😂). The last gist was about my Social background while tracing back to my school days. Apparently, Miss Shalewa at Grace International School took it upon herself to give special beatings to whoever fails in class (she was as well our class teacher). This continued till my Parent eventually pulled me out from there (they claimed I wasn't doing well, and my Mom suggested she put me in same school with two of my immediate elder siblings, it was believed that my Elder sister had been top ever since she got admitted to the school, she as well believed that I might tale after her once I enroll there (besides, she also want them to keep a close eye at me).

It didn't cost much to get me enrolled into Abike Obawole Model College. I took the entrance exam, passed and was put into Basic 5. My experience there was weird (especially with torments from my so skinny and annoying classmate Rukayat. She was a pain in my ass as she always want to oppress my small stature). Aside that, the settings wasn't completely different from Grace International School (especially the area of discipline), but contrary to academic excellent, I was one of the "Best Students".  How it happened within the short third term, I can't even explain. You know what they say; "tables do turn" and trust me, it evidently turned when I got in. Sometimes, I was surprised at my performance and couldn't believe I could grow to the point of receiving some good compliments from both teachers and classmates.

The STROKES came a bit early....... 

Then there came this day...


My Proprietor had just walked into my class lamenting on how he gave "a simple classwork" to Jss3 on simple arithmetic but they couldn't solve it (meanwhile that was the senior class in my school as at that time).
He went further to tease my class teacher to know if there was anyone in my class capable of solving it, and immediately my teacher appointed me?

(In my head, i was like;
 Haa!! Me! How?
This people not aware that I know nothing in Maths, not after I hated it when Miss Shalewa will always flog hell off me when I failed it in class (back in Grace International School).

Here is the question Juliet, do try and attempt, my class teacher said. 

Seriously, I didn't know how to start, but I had to attempt it,so I don't "fall her hand", at least not after all the appraisal. Few minutes later, she came to my seat to see if I was done, she nodded in agreement and she tried putting me through till I solved it. Straight she went to my Proprietor's office to share him the good news, "Sir, Juliet solved it!". 


Really?
Let me see!
Oh wow wow!!
A Basic 5 student solved this?

The excitement on his face was like one who won a jackpot!
He went straight to the Staffroom to inform them about the new genius in the school, who could solve an advanced mathematics!

At first I was startled by the whole drama, because to me, I barely didn't solve anything! I wrote nonsense, so what made them see sense in what I've written!

In annoyance, He went to JSS 3 to face-shame them on how they couldn't solve a simple arithmetic, which a Basic 5 student solved! Funny as it may sound, that was my sister's class!
What?
How come??
What happened to the "almighty brainiac"?
The curiosity on their face to know who " the hell solved it was their grief & pain of the day"
Sir, who in Basic 5 solved it? One of them asked?

(My Proprietor; Dr Kunle Obawole is one over hyped lover, who is good at adding colour and salt to injuries, especially in a case like this).

With fury He replied!

She's a student younger than you, intelligent and a brainiac.

The wonder working muse...


Her name is Juliet Ike!

(They turned and muttered, who is she? One reached out to my sister to ask if she had a younger sister in the school.

I was like the next big thing that happened in school that week and it became the talk of gist for almost a week!

But on the contrary, while others rejoiced, I couldn't tell if I was proud of myself or not, because to me I barely had done nothing, so I can't exactly point why I was being celebrated!

Up till now, the only thing I can say about that incidence is that, the scenario is likened to the story of "David and Goliath". According to Bible stories, " everybody believes it was the stone slonged by David that killed Goliath, but trust me, until you understand that there was a force backing up David's action, a mere stone isn't capable of falling a soldier!".

Fast forward to the end if that term, and I came 1st.
Wow!
Who did it?
Jesus I say!!!

That should apparently be my first time topping the entire class considering my age longed school change(aside the fact that I came 3rd at a time in Ifelodun Community Primary School).

This made me be everyone's pet at home (apparently assuming my usual position of being the last child, though I wasn't so pampered growing up).

A new phase just begun...

The next session after which was a promotional one, birthed "August Break" and a coaching class started for the new JSS 1 students.

I felt "Heaven on Earth " when I realized I was no longer in primary class, cos I'm now a senior student!

JSS1 came with so many unstableness, I had to start adapting with the new way of teaching, the students in her (as most of my former classmates had left for other schools), I had more subjects to read and learn, new teachers and a lot more. I was appointed the Assistant class prefect, though I was one of the shortest in my class, and those big boys and girls will always want to oppress me, especially when I as directed to write the names of noisemakers. I had one then, her name was "Christina a.k.a luxurious bottom😂😂" (forgive me girl, if you get to read this, but I just have to play out all the stupid things we experienced back then😁😁😀😄), mind you, everybody had a nickname so don't even think mine was an exemption, though the names came serially as we moved in class. Then, your nickname is birthed either by your body shape; hair, mouth, nose, eyes, mouth, etc........so hers was that huge because "she had a big butt"😁😁.

Hay God!
Forgive me, this gist is becoming to long o!
Abi shulai stop here?
Nooooo...........not now!
Let me at least wrap this up!

The beatings didn't pay off cos I became beauty was added😍❤

So on this particular day, Christina was making a lot of noise and she had warned me never to write her name, cos if I do, she was going to beat me up!
Ha! Beat me!!
I've never been engaged in physical combat before, not an outsider!

Even if I did, that's when I'm at home with my immediate elder brother, even after he will beat me up and my parent won't see anything wrong with it!
I wrote hers the first time, cancelled till I could no longer erase it, and I had to include her name (not minding the threat). Boom! One of my teachers walked in, and demanded for the list, I handed it over to him and he call the names out!
Immediately Christina heard her name, she starred at me for a while and I got the reaction of " shebi I told you the consequence of this", in my mind, I knew I was dead!
I was the quiet type (still I am, though no longer timid), and everyone knew how I react when I get threatened. One of them informed the Teacher ahead that Christina promised to beat me if she was been flogged as part of the noise makers. The teacher warned her not to lay a hand on me, if she doesn't want to be sanctioned!

After the strokes of cane, they all came in except Christina, everywhere was as quiet as a graveyard, not until Luxurious bottom sluggishly walked in and started raining abuses on me (in Yoruba, those who are familiar with them will know what I meant), I cried! Soft hearted and innocent girl like me, I'm Igbo, despite I understood and could speak a part of Yoruba dialect, I wasn't good with returning those awful words.
But do you know life happens!

Funny as I detested Christina for all her inactions and how much of a pest, angry bird she was to me, "she turned to be my best friend before we left secondary school even till date, she's still a friend", but just as 20 friends don't play together for 20 years, life travels had kept us physically at armed length.


This gist is unending...

All through my Junior Secondary School, I was amongst the top three in my class (though  wasn't much a book worm, I read only a day or two days to exams, yet I passed excellently, how it happened I can't even tell, but I knew I was a good crammer😁😁, but I'm sure God's grace also helped me). I didn't read often because I was the lazy-ass reading type, and no one ever forced me to, not when you are back fro. School to realize you've got lots of chores to carry out. My positions were always in between 2nd and 3rd position, but when I got into Senior Secondary School, no one beats me as "The best Student in Commercial class and in Yoruba Language ".

Ha! Are you surprised?
How can an Igbo girl be the " Best Student in Yoruba", I can't even tell, but I knew my Yoruba teacher did a good job in working on my language skills, cos even till date, I can proficiently speak and write the language (though I'm not so good with those dotted lines, marks and signs). "Currently, I'm working on an article which I intend to publish in May, 2020 and it is written in Yoruba all through", so I'm sure those skills never went extinct (cos it's been 8 years since I left there).

She will be right back💥❤

Urrrm...I seek for a break please!
I will be back before you know it, so for now, sip from your cups!

(She dashes out to stretch those chinny fat legs😍)

You're loved❤.

Comments

  1. Excellent Dear Keep Writing and Winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwn.......thank you, and I know my ink will forever bleed😚, please don't forget to share the link❤

      Delete
  2. Beautiful secondary school experience almost similar to my experience.
    Thank you very much for this cup of tea but I plead that it comes more often.
    Enjoying every bit of the tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwn, good to hear that, and trust me, I will make the tea more often.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here😍, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blog🤗🤗🌹 WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untold🔍 Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)😚 (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent