Skip to main content

HOW TO DEFEAT PROCASTINATION- Juliet Ike



Knock! knock!!!

Did I hear someone say, FINALLY!
Really?
Yea Finally, I'm back!

You might be wondering what took me so long (A month & 4days), wow! That was a longgg break!

Sure it wasn't intensional, everybody has a story, all that matters is when you decide to share it!
I'm not going to bore you with reasons why I've been away, sure I know you want to know but for the sake of sanity, let me leave it!

Or shulai share?🤔🤔
A lot actually happened!
Now I feeling like writing a "before-read" story😁😁
This isn't the main gist, not for this post o........but one mind is telling me to share!

Okay fine!
I've been away for so long because;

First, I wanted to work more on myself, especially equipping myself with the right skills so I don't drop kwack posts😀😀; "Once you're outdated, people will leave". I didn't want to be a part of mediocrity so I saw the need to rejuvenate. I'd been taking time to read more on personal building and working also on my emotional faculty.

Secondly, my blog was almost hacked😀😀😁
Are you surprised?
Please don't be, that's life for you! People will always want to eat where they never sowed!
Thank goodness nothing so serious happened and I was able to rectify the issue as fast as I could.

Thirdly, I've been busy learning and relearning, also trying to dish out little from the ones I've acquired over the years. I'd done over 10 courses (and had been certified in them)between the time the lockdown started and still doing more, teachings were mainly online except one which was offline and yessss! I graduated from WOFBI (WORD OF FAITH BIBLE INSTITUTE) last week with a certificate in LDC (LEADERSHIP DIPLOMA COURSE). 

Trust me when I say acquiring all these weren't easy, but thank God I didn't break down at any point, I'm no superhuman but God has been my source of strength. This is aside Three online course I hosted last month; one was on Writing and poetry, another on CV writing & Employability Skills and the last on Storytelling for dummies; which is still ongoing (In case you need ebooks of these courses, don't hesitate to drop a comment or chat me up on ; 07015222672 to get a copy). 

Sorry I did all of these without notifying you, it wasn't intensional and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I know my tea-sippers have been thirsty for long and that's why I've rejuvenated for good!
Yes you read that!
I've got loads of stories to share, and this I will achieve bit by bit all through the month.

Hey not to bore you, let get down to today's business!
So today I want to talk on how I dealt with "procrastination".


Hew! That word stinks no wonder it's an horrible character which victims must consciously work on before it makes them unvalued!
Yes! You've heard about that word, in fact you know what it means yet you've been stacked in her trap for decades and you don't know what step to take, then read this to the end!

Procrastination itself is what everybody will have to face at every point in time, it's like a trend which surely must come to an end, but it can't end without YOU putting a stop to it, it's what we allow into our lives that continually finds expression, but if you can resist this (before it comes), or work on how to overcome it (when they had come), then we will have more destinies unveiled than hidden. 
You might be wondering, is it possible to resist it?
The answer remains YES! 

But then, it lies in your discipline!
Statistics shows that only 35% of Africans were raised with so much discipline!
Note when I say discipline, I don't mean flogging or beating, I meant "those who were enforced with compliance and control" without physical punishment. You know our parents made us believe "it's until you spank a child before he or she obeys instructions", but that's not completely true!
Well I wouldn't want us to dive into that matter cos it's for another time😁😁

So basically when we consider the number of persons who were raised void negligence to procrastination, we will realise why most persons are glued to it. Some have been for years and are seriously stacked amidst it.

EVERYBODY HAS BEEN VICTIMS OF IT; IRRESPECTIVE OF AGE OR GENDER

The good news is that, it can be worked on and if effective will completely varnished!
Before I continue, note that " it is what you're intensional about that manifests", this isn't something abrupt because it's process requires your contribution to it; that is, WORK!

Personally for me, procrastination is one thing I've worked on over the years and I must say that the period with which I Procrastinated were my worse!
Like imagine building a house for over 20years!

Hew! Who does that in this century? That's possible if "village people are still playing games with his life😅😅"!

Procrastination does not only draw back your goals and aspirations, it makes all effort look fugitive! Seriously if you're still sitting on this table of procrastination, then I'm sorry for what life might look like in the next few weeks!

Your latter should be greater than your past! That has always been God's plan for us, and we should also put in WORK so this doesn't appear vague on the long run!

HOW TO DEAL WITH PROCRASTINATION

First, accept the fact that you're suffering from it's sickness and you need cure; it's what you know that works for you, so except your mind accepts this reality, then all my advice will yield no result (please this shouldn't be your case o😎).

Secondly, do not postpone your next move! In fact the first answer to the tempt of procrastination is "doing what you're supposed to do NOW". The NOW factor us all you need! Don't postpone your plans till the next seconds because you're even not guaranteed of it, so do whatever is what doing well!



Thirdly, be ready to let some things go! If you're battling or dealing with one thing which over time you realise had been of bad influence to you, biko let it go! That's one of the things stealing your time and that's why you keep procrastinating. See even if it's a friend who is always wasting or delaying your plans, biko let them leave and make sure your sanity is kept in shape! You came to this world alone and you sure gonna leave alone, so why making people be obstructions to your goals.


Next, be intensional about writing down your goals or plans, this will help you to be focus and be strict with your dealings. Even scripture says; Write the vision, make it plain that they that read might run with it! The truth is, it's " what your mind continually feeds on it eventually becomes", and one of the ways to it feeds is through sight; seeing or staring at a thing for so long a time that your mind becomes it's abode! It's also said that "a shortest pen is better than a long memory"; it means that what is written and has been fed with the mind can't be easily forgotten!
So it's important to feed it!
Also making a " to-do list" will help you achieve these goals a step at a time! Especially when there is a scale of preference in your list; ranging from the most needed to the need! So you should initiate a day-to-day list to your goals, it will help you.




Lastly, avoid carrying over assignments or task! Whatever you want to do, do it immediately and never transfer to the next seconds, you're guaranteed of now, so make the most out of it!



These are little tips I've applied and they've really worked for me, and I hope it does same for you. Please stay with me on this blog as I have loads of stories to share from time to time, don't forget to leave a comment😍😍.

You're loved😘❤❤


Comments

  1. Okafor Martins05 May, 2020 20:01

    Great one! I was blessed by that.
    Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you were blessed by the tea,thanks for sipping❤

      Delete
  2. Thanks
    I will apply this steps you have outlined
    It's good to have you back
    Have missed this a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you learnt something, thanks for sipping and sticking with us❤

      Delete
  3. Great piece from you, Weldon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sipping and for a wonderful comment😘

      Delete
  4. This was educative I must say. Very educative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me go and begin to write down my to do list daily...
    Thanks for sharing 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here😍, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blog🤗🤗🌹 WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untold🔍 Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)😚 (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent