Skip to main content

HOW I WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED- OPEOLUWA




VICTIMS; NOW SURVIVORS

(EPISODE ONE)

It is no longer news that there had been increase in rape cases ever since lockdown refused to take the exit door. 

There had been uproar as to what is the cause for these acts, while some considers it a product of indecent dressing, other says otherwise.

You are not about to read more argument on this blog either, rather SOLUTIONS. I am not in support of the act and will never be, this act is more deadlier than we thought it was especially its aftermath in the life of victims.

Most times, people seem to pay too much attention to the "Rapist" rather than the "Rape" which at most cases takes doggedness, determination, the God-factor and proper followup free of "Corruption" to actually track them down especially in this part of the world.

Studies has shown that more than 75% of rape victims and sexual abuse experience theirs at a very tender age especially between 2-15 and in most cases, most cases, justice is never given to victims because they took longer in speaking up and only 20% of them actually does.

The impact of such act is always very heavy and most times their healing process might take "forever" and even if it does, not all eventually get to speak up and share their experiences. This could be as a result of the fear of rejection, stigma etc.

Till the point of this post, I was able to approach 4victims who shared their story with me and it was only two who were bold enough to allow me share theirs here.
This is to tell you "how scared they are".


Just before you read, let me state here that one of the reasons I'm sharing these stories is to help YOU; who possibly might have been a victim or even someone you know but is so scared of " moving on". These tips will help them see the need not to die in guilt and pain, but for them to understand the "IMPORTANCE OF HEALING".

I had taught of sharing the stories at once, but it might get too voluminous for you, so this series will come in episodes.

The first person is " Opeoluwa". Her full identity had to be withdrawn because she did not give me the permission to add it to her story.

OPEOLUWA'S STORY


Sometimes, when people talk about their experiences from being raped, I would want to pretend like I hadn't been a victim because I was "only sexually abused". But I realized that living everyday with recurring effect of my past assault might keep hunting me until I share the story.

I was barely five when I became a victim of sexual assault. My mother died while I was eight and it became even worse after her demise. 

Due to my Fathers busy schedules and work, I spent most of upbringing with my Grandmother, and living with her was a bit challenging because two of my cousins were already staying with her coupled with my siblings. 

Just after we moved in, one of my cousins who was a bit older than I am started assaulting me without the knowledge of my Grandmother. I remember how he takes me to my grandpa's sitting room, lock the doors and he plays the Mummy and Daddy's” game.

One might think it was just a mere children play, but deep down there was more. He was already a teenager so I am pretty sure he knew what he did was bad. 

This act continued as I got used to it even as it opened door to several assaults. Then it became a normal thing for a boy to most of my sensitive parts like my breasts and to play with my vagina though I was not so comfortable with older men doing so.


When I was in Jss1, I was assaulted again by one of my Grandmothers converts. She was a devoted member of Deeper Life Bible Church and an ardent soul winner. 

One this particular day, she took me and this convert of hers to a vigil in church and despite the hot sessions of prayer that was on with hundreds of people in attendance, this convert of hers came to where I laid and started fingering me, I could not stop him as I was already horny, I just couldn't shout because I was too naΓ―ve all I did was change my sleeping position yet he did not stop. This time, I was barely nine years old.

When I got into JSS2, we moved back to live with my father and this was the time he had just started a mechanic work. Sometime after closing sessions in school, I will go to his workshop to stay with him till closing hours.

There was this particular man who comes to repair his vehicle at his workshop and whenever he comes, he will tell me to come sit on his laps and with time, he will take me into his car and he will rub his hands on my laps and breast.

 Though I was worried, but I was too scared to tell my father. First off, will he believe me and even if he does, he might not want to confront the man since he was his good customer. to tell my father, the only parent I knew then.

Aside these ones, I received other numerous assaults; one from a close friend who I thought I could confine in as well from one of my Fathers friends who was a lecturer in a renowned Nigerian institution. 

My boobs became their Centre of attraction since it got bigger.  But amidst all of these, I am standing strong in faith with god and shamelessly sharing this story.
I would not say I have been healed completely, but I am grateful to god that I can regain a bit of sanity despite all. At some point I felt like I lost my value and self-worth as a woman. 

At some point I became an item of sexual gratification to the point it daunted my image and dignity and I felt I was a weaker vessel.
Those experiences made me love sex though I still do not have a good sex life. I was always attracted to the opposite sex; in fact, I love to think of the act at every slightest flash even when I feel so scared of doing because my assault experience only rung the alarm. 
At some point I became so scared of myself because I grew so wild, to the point I became scared to sitting close to a guy in buses or even behind bike riders. 


I knew I could not help myself so I sought Gods intervention, but first I had to forgive myself of guilt, it was like a battle but I fought through. I accepted Christ into my life and prayed the Holy Spirit help me out of the situation. He sure heard my cry and I am more grateful to God I did not die from depression.

It was not an easy process, at a point I almost fell back but thank God for the amazing people he brought my way which has kept me and made me steadfast in the things of the kingdom.

I am enjoying the healing process, it became more glaring ever since I started sharing my story and I have regained confidence.

I hope you got one or two things to take from her story. If yes, then drop it at the comment section.

Watch out for more episodes.
You are loved❤

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this miss tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okafor Martins08 June, 2020 20:39

    I think the only solution to this menace is for parents to get close the their children; not just the female folk but also the male. Good and healthy relationship with the parents will help the child to open up whenever assaulted by close relatives or members.

    Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I wish more parents can get to read this so they adjust.
      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Well this has been very helpful and I must say it is a sure proof of healing. May I also say that all genders are in danger of Rape and as such parents should not only focus on the girl child but also on the boy because some Aunty Aunty has caused more harm than good and are the Origin and the creators of those ones we call Rapist today I am very Factual here, I rest my Case ...Juliet you are doing well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right, any gender can be a victim of rape... I think parents and guardians should pay more attention to their children.

      Thanks for the compliment and for sipping as well♥️

      Delete
  4. God bless u juliet, this is a very nice work here. Ope's story speaks to me too. As i was sexually abused as a child, one thing dat held me back was i was too ashamed of how people would treat me later... I just dint want to b looked down and i rarely spoke abt it. May God help us to heal happily at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwn.... I'm sending you much light and love hun,😍πŸ₯°♥️, may you receive that healing that you so desired. If you don't mind, you can reach me on teawithjulietblog@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Hi dear. Thanks for sharing your story.

    Your past Is behind you, march bravely towards your future. If you happen to remember past incidences, please push it away and say a little prayer.

    You are a CONQUEROR. I will be praying for you πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here😍, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blogπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŒΉ WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untoldπŸ” Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)😚 (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent