Skip to main content

5 WAYS TO EFFECTIVELY MAXIMIZE YOUR SERVICE YEAR- Juliet Ike



Just before you type; "Congratulations", read this short story of my various feats serving my Father land; 


I know by NOW you have gone through the post and probably liked, commented, shared or even followed my page.

Well, let me say; Welcome back!


You might probably have too many questions to ask on how I was able to achieve all of that amidst Covid and the too many drama that happened this year, well I will tell you.

First, I will say GOD DID IT!
This is a truth I wouldn't withhold from you, this is to tell you I am not about to take the Glory that belong to my Father.

You know when Vision+Divine direction mixes with Grace, the results are out of the world.

So in case you are serving or probably preparing to go for yours, always remember that "By strength shall no man prevail", be you Jackie Chan or whoever, if you must succeed in life you need God.

More importantly, you need to build a solid relationship with him because you only get information, advice from someone you communicate with or in a relationship with... without a solid, strong foundation you might be struggling in vain.



Second, you need to know what you what and go after it!

There is a difference between "what I want and what others have me in place of what I want". Truth is, life will never give you what you deserve but what it likes.
Do if at this stage of your life you don't know what you want, you might probably be making one of the most terrible decisions in your life.

So there is a need for you sir back, think through and find out the exact thing you want.

Third,  Get a Skill or Skills if possible.

I know there is no point stressing this, presently there are lots going on in the country, having a skill is just one of the ways to survive in her. 

If at this point your only plan for service is how to spend without any thought of investment they permit me to say you are most miserable.

People have left that era of working just to spend on luxuries; meanwhile I am not against you enjoying your money, I am only stressing on the fact that you should learn to prioritize. 

You should see this stage of your life as your investment stage, it is what you do now that defines your tomorrow and with the increase in demand of jobs, you already know where to fit in.



Fourth, Cultivate the act of saving. I know it's not going to be that easy squeezing out money from the little or stipend given to you for upkeep, but the truth remains; Sacrifice is the biggest currency you can afford. 

I realized the more money I had, the higher my expenses, it is no longer a debate whether or not your expenses will increase but all rests on your steadfastness in holding up.

A lot of persons have asked how I was able  to enroll for all the major courses I took, but as funny and irrational as it may seem, 75% came from my alawee, but the truth is my ability to have utilized my knowledge thereby making more money with it.

It's a give-and-take thing; I invested in myself and it paid me back. Though I'm still in that journey of personal development because it never ends. Nothing stood out more for me than Personal Development.

The fact remains that some Trainings weren't easy registering for them and oftentimes I have to think through like a million time before paying, but I'm glad it's paying off, I've paid my dues you should pay yours as well.

Learn to invest in yourself, don't spend all your alawee on luxuries hoping to cover up with the next one, the truth is it doesn't work like that.




Fifth, you can decide in carrying out a Personal Community Development Service (CDS). My next post will centre more on how you can successfully carry out one; expect it.

Aside the reward of doing one, you as well get to learn a lot and it is simply a way of leaving your footprints where ever you find yourself.

At first when I spoke to people about my interest in engaging in it, some persons thought I wanted to do it for personal gains but the reverse turned to be the case.

Today I do not only feel satisfied serving but also leaving my footprints in the heart of my host communities.

So many memories I have to share, let me know if I should make this in series so I share all. More importantly send the link to your friends so they can as well learn the many things you got here.























Comments

  1. Congratulations ma
    This indeed more than just a journey of 1year...... Anyways have just got more knowledge about the year(service year)....And more so I can't wait to know more about the CDS .....

    Congrats once again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sipping ♥️ and I'm glad you got value.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Juliet for this value packed article. It means a lot to me, especially because I will be going for my National Youth Service in a few weeks.

    You're indeed a lady of great value and impact and I celebrate the great works you're doing. If you don't mind I'd love to have your advice on a few issues as regarding NYSC.

    Please, make your NYSC experience a series, I can't wait to read them!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy for your kind words and I wish you well on your service year. As regards my experience, I have post where I made exclusive detail about it, you can scroll up to read (tap on NYSC DIARY) or send me a mail teawithjulietblog@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. I'm really humbled by your fears and the raze you use in attacking and crushing them.

    You inspire me.

    I love the way you write ❤️❤️

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got Value, and I'm grateful to God for being a vessel. Thanks fir sipping ๐Ÿ’œ

      Delete
  4. Thought Shaking Write Up
    Thank You Ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great read full of good tips for surviving the current pandemic and craziness we're all going through. I loved when you mentioned get a skill because we all have specialties. We all are good at certain things. But this is a great time to expand that, to try something new, to find a new specialty to add to our repertoire. This is a great year to grow and learn more about ourselves! --Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you got value, thanks for taking time to read♥️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here๐Ÿ˜, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blog๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒน WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untold๐Ÿ” Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)๐Ÿ˜š (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent