Skip to main content

What to do with your life after NYSC by Juliet Ike











Using this picture because the book I'm reading was; Now you know me better and centered on life

Clarity is only but a journey, not a destination- (Juliet 2021).

I know you missed me here!
Well, I won't say I'm completely back but I'm back!

The last time I published a post was October, 2020 after my POP (Passing Out Parade) as a Corp member.
What you didn't know happened next is what I am about to share with you.

This will do a lot of good for you as a Corp member or fresh out of service. One thing they never tell you about service is 'what to do with one's life' after leaving the scheme.

A lot of persons will tell you their desire to get a job, some is marriage especially the female folks, others is probably to further their studies.
Whether or not that seem to be your case, I want you to know there is more to it.

It's good to have a paying job, want to build a good life afterwards or even take up roles to become wives and husbands but beyond all of this is 'life in purpose'.

If you have been able to discover purpose before or during your service year, that's nice. If you haven't yet then you need to start paying attention and working towards finding out.

I learnt a profound definition of what purpose means from my Pastor, Emmanuel Iren and he defined it as 'that one thing for which you were created and that which you must succeed at, otherwise nothing else you succeed at will count'.

So you can have a good job and succeed at it, start a business and do so excellently well at it, begin building a family and turn out to be an exemplary embodiment to others yet that wouldn't measure up to your purpose in life.

Let me share you my own story Post-NYSC

On my POP; you could tell from my face I was excited. If only I knew what was coming... Sigh!

As you know, I served in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State within November 2019 and October 2020. I shared some of my wins here and how I achieved them; you should take time to read it.
There is a lot you will learn if you are a PCM or already serving.

Shortly after my POP, I left for Lagos to go see one of my elder brother. The plan actually was to visit so I had other plans.
Less than a week after I got there, I got a job recommendation from my then 'Zonal Pastor'. 
As always, I didn't want to take it because I knew it would shatter my plans but with words of admonition from one of my sisters I did.
I remember intentionally going late for the interview because I just wanted them to tell me 'I wasn't right for the job'.

Well, they took me. I mean who wouldn't?
Not to brag though, but I am very resourceful when it comes to adding value and solving problems and I am sure this was one of the things the company saw in me.
I got promoted a week after I resumed; and that was how I resulted to working in a commercial firm.

I call it commercial based on the kind of services we offer. Though I worked on shifts and had an opportunity of a day off during the week yet it wasn't fulfilling.
It was as though 'I lost my first love'. Imagine you used to working remotely or online before and suddenly you now have to leave your home to the office.

One of those days I closed from church and about heading to work

My role at the company was a bit tasking; faced some challenges with my body posture, sleeping late and having to take early to beat traffic on morning shifts.
The overall experience there was bitter-sweet-bitter. I worked with some cool and amazing people but I just didn't like what I was doing.

I tried severally to see if I will find fulfillment on the job but no!
Eventually, I got the courage to resign after working for six months; they were still my most-wasted months no jokes.
I call it wasted because I could not account for the salary I earned, or lessons and experiences of work.
Thank God I left when I did, probably I won't be sharing this story at first.

You might want to know what I did next...
Well, I went back to my love for adding value as a Creative and learning to embrace the purpose of my existence.
I am still on that path though but sure definitely not where I use to be.

So if you are a Corp member, PCM or Fresh out of service; you might want to first 'count your cost' and not rush into labour market. There is a lot to you than just a job, furthering your studies or starting a family. This is what you should spend time working on.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you shouldn't get a job; by all means do if that's what will help you survive but do not be too tied to it neglecting that there is more.
My advice to anyone getting a job is to get one that will give you time and still help you stay creative.
I will share a post on what you should look out for before taking a job subsequently; thank God I'm back so be sure to subscribe to my blog so you will be notified when I drop new posts.

I hope this answers your burning questions and help you see life beyond the phase where you are at.

PS: I am looking to work with Corp members this year, if you are of know someone who is do reach me here.
You can as well book a strategy session if that's what you need.

Don't forget to leave me a comment after reading and share with someone you know needs it.

With love, 

©J. I





Comments

  1. Indeed great lessons in this. Thank you ma for sharing.
    Not yet a corp member, but soon to be. I will dure hold on to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this valuable; I wish you the very best ahead.
      Remember to share to those you know needs this too💖

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here😍, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blog🤗🤗🌹 WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untold🔍 Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)😚 (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent