Skip to main content

COVID TO LOCKDOWN, YET I SURVIVED AS A CORP MEMBER- Juliet Ike


Lockup Series

(Episode 3)

It's funny how this period is making me realize a lot about myself and things I never paid attention to on a norm. I'd stopped working offline due to the lockdown and I now spend more time at home and by default, I need to spend more time for myself since I barely leave my room.
Not because this was my first time "having a private moment", just that this period appears to be more delicate than ever.

By the way, I'm Juliet and you're welcome to my blog. 
On this series of "Lock up" stories,I have been sharing stories and experiences of influencers on my blog, stating how they've coped since lockdown and their journey thus far. If you're just reading my post here for the first time, I suggest you read previous episodes so you won't be lost.

A Little Background Story


I'm a Corp member (which means I'm under a mandatory Service to my country after graduation), I was posted to Kebbi State (far northern part in Nigeria). My Place of Primary Assignment is a school, but as usual when the pandemic started, all schools were shut down and we were asked to retire to our various homes.

Aside being a Corp member, I'm a Brand Storyteller, Content Creator, Ghostwriter, Spoken Word Poet and Cosmetologist. I run two organizations by name Maka Cosmetics ( An online Skin care business where I help people out of every skin problems and issues through the use of organic products) & Maka Reliable Source and Consults (A writing & Consulting Firm). I am as well a Career and Talent Development Coach, which is one of the areas I intend to venture into on the longrun. I also run an NGO by name "The Lighters Foundation", an organization whose aim is on " Youths and Sustainable Development ". 


Let's not go into full details of all I do, you can see that in one of my previous post titled "Have you met the TeaWoman", I talked extensively about myself there.

Immediately the lockdown kicked, I knew I just have to switch fully to operating online and I knew there was a need to maximize the (spare but little) time because I felt it won't be a " really long break" counter to which had turned out to be.
I'd planned on hosting my first paid online training for the year and by God's grace, I have been able to organize & host two paid trainings since lockdown, first was "Writers & Poets training" and the other was on "CV Writing & Employability Skills" and I had over 30 participants in both.

As much that I'm giving out, I've been learning as well; enrolling for both free and paid trainings, I'd planned on making my 2020 achievable despite the challenges, one of which is to learn as much skills as possible; especially the ones related to my field, and this I have been achieving since January, so far since lockdown I have enrolled and have been trained in over 10 skills. 

Recently, I bagged three certificates from Alison Training Institute where I was trained in Human Resource Management and How to manage kids with Special Needs. I was also certified in Storytelling, Public Speaking, amongst several others; as type, some are ongoing.

Truth is, enrolling for these courses haven't been easy, especially for the paid ones. I practically spent the larger percent of my " Alawee (the money paid monthly to Corp members) on enrolling for the course, and this I've achieved through savings. Aside this, I have also been able to make little from writing, especially with the fact that my skin care business haven't been moving so well here due to the heat and harsh weather condition.
So far the journey had not been easy, but I'm grateful to God for the feats I've attained especially during the lockdown. I'd never thought of achieving much this season, but amidst all God has been faithful.

In Addition, here are few things you should expect from me;

First, the release of my first book, it's titled " Every Employees Guide", it is a practical approach to CV, Resume, Cover Page Writing & Employability Skills. It was supposed to be released this month, but I had to push it further to create enough time publicizing it.



Note: It currently available for preorder, check the second picture for details.

Second is my new consulting firm by name "Maka Reliable Source & Consults", though I'm yet to officially launch, but we have started operation. 
We render services ranging from;

Writing (articles, scriptwriting, fiction & non fictional stories, ghostwriting etc)
Proofreading
Editing
Graphics Design and other Human Resource or management services
You can contact us by sending a message to "makareliablesourceconsults@gmail.com", it will be a delight working with you.

Third is my Online Community by name " Inkbled Africa", an online writing community for writers, storytellers and poets, where we share value and help in changing African stories and narrative. 


It has been in operation since 2019, but we decided to expand as such, we are undergoing a rebranding process. To join on WhatsApp, kindly send me a message on 07015222672 and you will be added, while you simply search for "Writers Community w/Juliet Ike" on Facebook to join. 

Lastly, don't hesitate to check out some of my skin care products, this is the vest time to work on your skin, check out some of my products below and do patronize me. Below are some of my products, check out the ones that will match your skin.

NB: Feel free to consult me about your personal skin care routine.



Hot chocolate kit

Caramel Kit



Stretch mark removal

Different Facial Cream






We deliver to any location, specifically we are present in Port Harcourt & Kebbi
To place order, call or WhatsApp; 07015222672, you can as well check us out on social media;
Facebook: @maka cosmetics
Instagram: @makacosmerics1

TWO IMPORTANT LESSONS YOU NEED TO TAKE FROM HERE

1. Your goals are achievable irrespective of the situation you find yourself
2. Determination is key, if your eyes be single, your whole body will be full of light


What have you been doing since lockdown?
Are you part of those who will come out after lockdown and still cry of hunger?
Start now by dissecting your goals........what are those things you want to achieve? Create plan B if possible and find other substitutes. 
Like Edirin will always say, "It is the Government that is on lockdown, your Brain is not on lockdown", think!
Miracle Swim also said, " If you come out of this pandemic complaining of not achieving your gaols, you didn't lack time but discipline ". Let this sink!

Glad you got value😚
Always remember that you're loved💝
Follow me on my media pages as well for more nuggets;


Facebook: @Juliet Ike
Instagram: @realjulietike
Twitter: @_julietike
YouTube: @Juliet Ike

Don't hesitate to leave a comment and do share!

Comments

  1. This lock down period has been a blessing in disguise. I will maximize it.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okafor Martins27 May, 2020 21:11

    Nice sip. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome..... Thanks also for sipping❤

      Delete
  3. Sincerely this is my first time here and I must say I am in for a journey with this ...I never knew what I was looking for was that close ....Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so humbled by this feedback. Thank you for sipping & I want to assure you of amazing contents like this on the long run, just stay put!

      Delete
  4. Keep it up Juliet, the sky is your starting point. Look to benefit more from your wealth of knowledge. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and do leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I JOURNEYED THROUGH PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT/BRANDING IN LOCKDOWN- Godwin Justina

LOCKUP SERIES (EPISODE 4) The outbreak of the pandemic/lockdown can be considered a blessing or a curse. While some rejoice, others weep; this is to tell you the level at which it affects individuals/groups differs. A lot of businesses had shut down, some have lost jobs, money, opportunities while some are gaining. It's no longer news to state that people are beginning to maximize the online space this season especially for profitable development......Life is unpredictable, it comes with lots of surprises and sometimes uncertainties. No wonder they say; "What is acceptable to one might not be accepted by others". We might pass through same experience but different lessons. If you've been following this series, you will realize I've been sharing stories of top influencers, and that of " Godwin Justina" is no exceptions. In case you're sipping from here for the first time, do take out time to read previous episodes for better understandin

HOW TO START BLOGGING FOR FREE- Juliet Ike

HOW MY BLOG TOPPED 100 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT BLOGS ON FEEDSPOT WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF OPERATING (SPECIAL EPISODE) Look who is back here😍, your Teawoman of course. I' m pretty sure you are surprised to see this post because truly I wasn't done sharing stories on " Lockup Series", but w hen the thought of sharing this came, I just couldn't resist because I saw the need, so enjoy the READ!  One of the things most bloggers will never teach or tell you is " How to start ", especially those who are earning from it because truth is; there is competition in this market. What differentiates you is the " contents " you're able to put up on your blog.  To a large extent, they are not to blame because obviously what most persons seek if "Free Training" which you're likely never to get. It is believed that "free things are usually not appreciated" and this have proven to be true over the years. When I was about

MEET THE LADY WHO SERVES HER READERS TEA-Juliet Ike

                                  Welcome to my blog🤗🤗🌹 WHO I AM! Whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! Who is in for a story?  Well permit me to take you on a journey of a story untold🔍 Here she comes!  She is full of energy, gifted, passionate, and in her usual goal getter spirit and to crown it, she is obsessed about just what she does.  You can go ahead and name the other qualities she is made and stocked of ready to take you on a lifetime journey of stories never told before now. Here is all you have to do, just seat back relaxed and ready to be inspired and educated by her. Scene one  (Room set and furnished, door opened, curtain raised and she walks towards the dinning table, grabs a cup of tea nicely served, walks towards the couch, sits down, leg crossed even as she sips from the cup of tea)😚 (She sips again, takes off her spectacles so you could see life through her eyes as she talks and with a big smile holistically portraying her beautiful dent